ISSU 2011-2012: REAL
Who we are
We are REAL, a group of twenty-nine Year 12 students who were elected as the new Island School Student Union in October 2011. We are all currently studying at Island School and represent a total of 17 countries. A month of intense preparation led us to a campaign week against 4 other very strong parties. Our team work and enthusiasm helped us through the week; making a banner, decorating stickers, writing speeches and choreographing dances.
This is the basis upon which REAL was formed.
What We're About
Our aim is to create a better environment for students to reach their full potential. We aim to achieve this through setting examples as model students as well as helping to run and organise events in and around the school, all while also helping to keep a compassionate but competitive environment in Island School. We strive to be a reliable team, always ready to step up to responsibilities.
What We've Accomplished
So far, REAL has:
- Removed the now redundant payphones in school
- For the first time liaised with the PTA to help run the Annual Raffle ticket sale for the Nicola Meyer and Kenneth Mcbride Trust Fund
- Helped run whole school events such as the Island School Christmas Fair
- Planned monthly Time Outs for the younger students with themes such as “Friday the 13th” and “Mexican Fiesta”
- Purchased a new sound system, with help from the PTA, for school events such as the the Christmas Concert and School Fair.
To see all the members in ISSU, please see the image below:
- Aaron Lum (12N) & Tanisha Raj ()
Co-Presidents of REAL 2011-2012