- Please find the May tuck shop menu ... here.
- The Uniform Shop is accepting any donations of second hand uniforms in good condition (ie. no big stains, tears and no swim suits etc)
for sale in the second hand uniform section of the uniform shop.
All proceeds go to charity.
The uniforms can be left at the PTA office.
If there are any queries please contact Ushie Tuck at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Centre for Health Protection issued a letter titled "Latest Situation on Avian Influenza A (H7N9) " on 17 April for the reference of secondary, primary, special schools, kindergartens and kindergarten-cum-child care centres. Please click ...here to get access to the letter from the website of the Education Bureau.
- Please find a list of winners and prizes from the Island School Spring Cultural Fair ...here.
- Please find the updated IB/GCE/IGCSE/GCSE May/June 2013 exam timetable ...here.
- Year 11 Dinner Dance - Thursday 25th April from 7pm at the Renaissance Harbour View Hotel.
- Year 11 Early Closure - Y11 students to leave school at lunch on Thursday 25th April.
- Anyone who knows me may be aware of the fact that I have a habit of putting things down and forgetting where they are. I share this problem with a fairly large number of students which is highlighted by the number of phones and other pieces of equipment which can be found in the lost property draw in the school office. With so many laptops in school this has the potential of being a costly mistake and unfortunately there is occasionally the risk of someone walking off with the computer. You may already be aware that Apple products have a piece of software called ”Find my phone “ which can be installed on your Mac, iPhone or Ipad. This software allows you to trace the location of the device or to even lock it down should it fall into the wrong hands. There are also equivalent pieces of software for PCs’ . One example of this can be found at preyproject.com which allows you to perform similar tracking of your PC. You can even store the app on your phone to allow you to trace your PC. It would be a good idea to consider installing this kind of software on your students computer just in case. - Kevin Lester
- Thousands of dollars worth of lost uniforms, shoes, swimwear, goggles, towels, bottles and even a tennis racket and hockey stick are sitting outside the PTA office waiting to be picked up by their owners. In the interest of hygiene and a clean environment, we are giving notice to all families that these items will be available for collection until November 16th.If their rightful owners do not collect the lost items, we will need to take measures to dispose of them. Uniforms will be recycled and sold as second-hand goods.Please help us keep our environment clean by asking your child to visit the ‘Lost Property Area’ (located outside the PTA office, under the stairwell in Block 7), if they lose any items during the year.
Island School Futures Curriculum Website ... here
- Prof. Mark Gandolfi's Presentation from the "Growing up online" Parents' Information Evening - here
- New Apple Laptop Order Form has been uploaded... here
- To download and view the Powerpoint presentation of Year 7 Parents' Curriculum Evening (held on Wednesday 12th September at 5.30pm)...her
- BOOKSHOP & UNIFORM SHOP OPENING HOURS
- From September 3 2012
Bookshop opening hours are:
Monday to Friday 10am-2pm
Uniform shop opening hours are:
Monday to Friday (except Wednesday) 10am-3.30pm
- Years 10-13 Examination Fees and Billing
- FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2012-13
1) "Of Mice and Men" (ISBN: 9780582827646; Price: HK$152.00)
2) "A View from the Bridge" (ISBN: 9780435233129; Price: HK$143.00)
3) "Romeo and Juliet" (ISBN: 9781451552058; Price: HK$180.00) and
4) "The Edexcel Poetry Anthology" - this one will be provided by the school.
Students can order book 1, 2 and 3 in Hong Kong Book Centre. However, the titles are currently out of stock. It will take about 3-4 weeks for the books to arrive in Hong Kong. Students can place an order in person in Hong Kong Book Centre, 25 Des Voeux Road, On Lok Yuen Building, Lower Level, Central, Hong Kong or on the website www.hkbookcentre.com. Please order in early July to guarantee order fulfillment by August.
FOR SCHOOL YEAR 2012-13
For Year 9 students
The followng title is currently out of stock. It will take about 3-4 weeks for items to be back in stock in Hong Kong. Students can place an order in Hong Kong Book Centre, 25 Des Voeux Road, On Lok Yuen Building, Lower Level, Central, Hong Kong or on the website www.hkbookcentre.com. Please order on or before 30th June in order to guarantee the receipt of the book by the end of July.
Title: The Whale Rider
Author: Witi Ihimaera
General Resources 2012/2013